Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Commentary on The Dresden Files Series(Spoilers)

I watched the pilot episode and came away less than impressed with it. Nothing seemed to fit right with what I liked about the books and the audio novels. Mostly I think I missed James Marsters voice.

After the pilot episode left me unenthused for the series, I still decided to go against my earlier decision to pass on the show and I watched the second episode.

It was a little better, but I couldn't help but think how much better this story would have been in the hands of the writers and actors from my absolute fave series right now, Supernatural. This version of Harry Dresden just can't kick it like Dean and Sam Winchester can.

I've decided that Bob is annoying and maybe he wouldn't be if the actor doing the role would make some real facial expressions. Bob looks like he's suffering from Botox overload. At least Harry had more than one facial expression in this episode..last week he looked like he was suffering from a sour stomach all through the episode.

So what is it with tough female cops named Murphy? There was one on MacGyver years ago.

I think my main problem with the whole story about Anubis and the tablet that was a lock that allowed people's souls to switch bodies at the time of physical death was that I just kept hearing Dr. Daniel Jackson from Stargate SG1 saying that this was the myth behind the explanation for how Goa'uld parasites changed hosts. I mean even the tattoos on the back of the neck were like entry marks made by the goa'uld when they possessed a human host. I think I've watched waay too much Stargate SG1!

Not sure if I will watch the next episode of The Dresden Files. I think it depends on what's playing on LMN or Lifetime.

Marla

No comments: