Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I own an Apology to Kate Bosworth (spoilers for Superman Returns)





She doesn't know it, but I owe Kate Bosworth an apology. When I heard they had cast her as Lois Lane in the movie Superman Returns, I was like 'what??". She is far too young to be playing a 'seasoned news reporter' is how I felt about it.

Well I finally broke down and rented the movie. Kate Bosworth was awesome, that's all there is too it.

Her Lois Lane was tough, saavy but with a softer edge to her. That softer edge came from the fact that Lois was now a mother and Kate Bosworth played this aspect of the role perfectly.

All in all she was flawless in this movie and I certainly hope they keep her for any sequels.

Brandon Routh was just amazing as well. His take on Clark Kent was a seamless transition from the late Christopher Reeeve's portrayal and a perfect match. Yet his take on the Superman part was, IMHO far superior to that of Christoper Reeves'version. His Superman had great strength and power, but he also had grace and elegance about him. He not so much flew in the air as he danced upon it and was a thing of beauty to behold. He never lost his masculine energy, but he wasn't afraid to show his vunerability and serious side.(though my favorite Clark Kent/Superman is still Dean Cain's version and is followed closely by Tom Wellings version)

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Great choice, but I think Michael Rosenbaum does a better, more layered take on this character.

Thankfully this movie has no Lana Lang!

No comments: