Sunday, February 04, 2007

Snakes On A Plane (spoilers)

I had heard so many bad things about the movie Snakes on A Plane that I almost didn't rent it. But I did rent it and boy am I glad I did.

I really liked this movie. It was suspenseful, well acted and the writers made a real effort to make the premise as plausable as possible.

I am not a fan of CGI work, but found that Snakes on A Plane artfully combined CGI with the use of live snakes to create images that had a very creepy feel to them.

The characters were well fleshed out as well. While you had the usual cliche types, they were nt cardboard cut outs, but instead were given interesting quirks and details. Even the little dog and the snakes was good characters.

The movie had some plot holes and some moments where it didn't quite work as well as it did in others, but it had me on the edge of my seat and it had me worrying about the safety of the characters. To me that is what a good movie is all about.

So yep, I liked Snakes on A Plane.

Marla

No comments: