Wednesday, February 07, 2007

You're the Only One I'd Watch MacGyver For

Catchy blog title huh?

Not that this blog entry has anything to do with MacGyver LOL. Except to say it's one of my favorite older shows.

Actually I just found out that apparently a lot of people think this is what Melissa Etheridge is saying in her song 'You're the Only One'. The actual line is 'you're the only one I'd walk across the fire for'.

So I guess I'm not the only one who has being singing the wrong lyrics to songs like 'You're the One that I Want' from the Grease soundtrack. I mean for years I could have sworn Olivia Newton John was singing:

"I've got shoes, they're multiplyin', and I'm losin' control cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin' .

Which of course didn't make a bit of sense to me even though as I've gotten older and somehow fallen into the kind of shoe buying fetish I had previously been able to ignore, I've discovered that shoes can indeed multiply. Oh and a full blown shoe buying fetish can go out of control, which is what makes the shoes multiply.

I have recently decided to do research and have found out that what she is actually singing is:

"I've got chills, they're multiplyin', and I'm losin' control cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin' ."

Somehow when all said and done, I think I like shoes better LOL!

Marla

No comments: